NEET 2018 – Eligibility Criteria and Application Process
NEET 2018 eligibility criteria and requirements :
Applicants who want to apply for NEET 2018 applications must follow the criteria provided by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE). Applicants who are unable to follow any of the criteria or requirements given below are not allowed to apply for NEET exams.
To be eligible for NEET (National Eligibility Entrance Test), applicants must:
- Have passed 10+2 examination or equivalent exam from any recognized boards
- Must have studied and passed Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Biotechnology, Mathematics with English in their 12th
- Have scored 50% marks for general category[GEN], 45% for general PH category [ for persons having disability of lower limbs ] , 40% for both Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe [SC/ST] and Other Backward Classes [OBC] category
- Be at least 17 years old (before 31st December of 2018) or below 25 years old. For Reserved candidates, the maximum age limit is 30 years.
- Be Indian National or NRI’s [Non- Resident Indians] , OCI’s [Overseas Citizenship of India] , POI’s [Persons of India Origin] or Foreign National
- Have Aadhaar Card issued by UIDAI which is must [ For Indian citizens only ]
- Show their passing certificate at the time of first round of counseling which should fulfill the percentage criteria. [only if they are appearing at 12th examination]
Note: Applicants are allowed to apply for NEET exams for 9 times or attempts [GEN/OBC] and 14 times or attempts [Reserved candidates] as provided by the new system.
Application process for NEET 2018 :
NEET application form can be found online on official NEET 2018 website. The detail procedure for applying is given below:
- At first, applicants must fulfill all the criteria which makes them eligible to apply in NEET exam. Applicants unable to fulfill any of the criteria are rejected to participate in NEET exam.
- Applicants can apply for NEET exam online which can be done from official NEET 2018 website.
Applicants must fill up the detail information in the form as needed with correct spelling without any errors.
- Before submitting the form, applicants must verify and review the information to check out errors. After submitting, note down the registration number which is generated for future use.
- Registered applicants can only upload photos. The images which are needed to be uploaded are given below:
1) Recent Photograph of Applicant
2) Signature of Applicant
3) Right Hand Index Finger Impression of Applicant
4) The photograph must be taken with a white background, and applicant’s name and the date of photo taken must be in-scripted at the bottom of the Photograph.
5) All the images must be in JPG format.
- Application fee must be given according to their category
Rs.1400/- for GEN/OBC
Rs.750/- for SC/ST/PH
Applicants can pay the application fee online through credit card / debit card or by depositing fee in CBSE’s Bank Account.
- After the fee submission, a confirmation page is generated and applicants must take out a printed copy of the confirmation page which is the proof for the completion of form submission.
Note: Applicants must not lose their printout of the confirmation page to show the proof of their submission. Applicants must fill the detailed information carefully, If any of the information is found incorrect then , applicants will not be allowed to give NEET exams.
How to apply for NEET 2018?
The form registration will be opened from January 1st, 2018 till January 28th, 2018. The last date for submission of application form fee is January 31st , 2018.
Forms are available on NEET 2018 official website: http://cbseneet.nic.in/cbseneet/Welcome.aspx
Applicants must follow the detailed procedures as shown in the application process above.
Be sure to check out the printout of the confirmation page.
According to recent media reports, The NEET 2018 exam will be held on May 10th, 2018 and the results are likely to be published on first week of July, 2018.
Best of luck for the exams!