Repetition is the Key to a High Score in USMLE Step 1
It is not difficult to score 250 in the USMLE Step 1 exam but it isn’t very easy either. The challenge is to maintain your concentration throughout the exam. I realize that the way to get a high score is by repetitive review of topics.
Get High Score by Repetition:
- Begin preparing by reading Kaplan lecture notes on the subjects that you hate and are weakest at. Kaplan is considered the gold standard for USMLE Step 1 exam preparation material. Also, watch the videos while you study each topic. It may take you a month to work through a subject, but it is worth it.
- Next, study First Aid system by system and attempt the questions of UWorld along with it. Jot down notes as you solve questions. You can also make a note of the educational objectives if you aren’t sure of what to take notes on.
- After completing UWorld, study First Aid fully along with the notes that you have made.
- Now, solve UWorld again fully. If there are any new questions, you can add to your notes.
- Read First Aid again. Then solve UWorld once more.
- Finally, read First Aid once more. Now you should be ready for the test!
Write an NBME practice test after completing UWorld each time. Initially, your score may be low but with further repetitions of UWorld, you will notice the improvement in your score.
You should be able to get a high score of 240+ after solving UWorld three times.